Mach3, proma THC, touch off every pierce

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
bteigrob

Mach3, proma THC, touch off every pierce

Post by bteigrob »

Anyone know what post processor I can use that would work well with my setup? Right now I am using "Mach3 plasma THC with scriber and backlash compensation"; however when i cut circles, it does use 1 line of code for the circle, it makes a multiple sided polygon which i do not like. Also, my 'run from here' command does not work with this post processor. it works fine on the "Mach3 plasma" processor and the circle g-code is perfect on that one too, but i don't have the option of the touch off. any help is appreciated.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Do you need the backlash compensation? If not use the 'Mach3 THC with scriber' post. You can ignore the scriber stuff if you don't have one.
bteigrob

Post by bteigrob »

Les,

could you explain what backlash comp is? I honestly could not say if i need it or not. Also, I assumed the 'scriber' was the floating head used to touch of. But its safe to say my assumption was wrong on that one.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Backlash comp is used to compensate for mechanical backlash in your machine. Mach3 has built in backlash compensation but it can do some very odd things, especially if you have a dual motor X axis.

A scriber is a vibrating pneumatic punch marker. It is used for marking the work.
bteigrob

Post by bteigrob »

Les,

OK I have 2 motors on my Y axis. Mach3 THC with scriber works well. It creates the circle g code the way i like it, but my "run from here" command still does not work. Would you have any more tricks to try on it?