SheetCam running slow in DynaTorch

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jVASK

SheetCam running slow in DynaTorch

Post by jVASK »

I have been using DynaTorch native software to do my cutting. Now want to use SheetCam as the place to do work. I did up a file in Illustrator CS5, looked great in SheetCam, saved it and opened it up in DynaTorch, all still looking great till I do a run with no torch lite up. It might be running about 12" or so a minute. I have gone back in SheetCam many times checking cut speed and with no success finding the issue.
Thanks,
Without a clue
Joe
MajorMetal

Post by MajorMetal »

I have a Dynatorch table and use Sheetcam. You should be controlling your speed with the Dynatorch software not Sheetcam (at least that is how mine works). Have you tried running it with the torch on? I haven't done a dry run in a while but maybe with the torch off it only runs a certain speed. I control all my speeds when cutting using the cut speed on the far right of the Dynatorch software that controls the table. Hope this helps
jVASK

working on a fix

Post by jVASK »

Hello MajorMetal,
I got in contact with DynaTorch support, they got into my system and found g code that was entered by sheetcam that did not belong. Also some stacked G code.......two lines of code on one line. F10 was one line then a f100, long story short hope they can line it out for a new guy to this. Thanks for reply & suggestions. I just found the place to reply back to you.
Joe
MajorMetal

Post by MajorMetal »

Dyanatorch is great to work with. Don't be afraid to give them a call or send them an email anytime you have questions or problems. Sometimes you have to get them to speak a non professional language for us who don't live and breathe CNC plasma but they will definitely get you an answer. Good luck with your table.
MajorMetal

Post by MajorMetal »

Plasmaspider.com is a great resource as well. There is a Dynatorch specific area where u can ask questions. Lots of helpful guys on there
jVASK

frustration

Post by jVASK »

Well DynaTorch got back to me and said that I had enables "ramp" in program. I found it and yes it had been checked, I fixed that. So back to drawing board, all new file , all perimeters as they should be ( I think . I must take credit if it worked or did not ). It all looked good in sheetcam ! Hell I am flying high now...........................OPPS get a alert no M30 M02 file.............where is my gun !!! Its time for a beer now.
Joe
MajorMetal

Post by MajorMetal »

I'm not sure what u got going on. I don't think it's a sheetcam issue tho. Ask some questions on plasmaspider.com. And give Dynatorch a call again
jVASK

Post by jVASK »

That is the plan
Thanks,
Joe
jVASK

Post by jVASK »

Hello Again.
Well got the slow running issue fixed ! There was a box checked ( in SheetCam ) that does not agree with DynaTorch. Unchecked it and all is good in the world. Thanks for your suggestions on the fix
Joe