Lock Up During Drawing Re-Loading After CAD Scaling

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
PK

Lock Up During Drawing Re-Loading After CAD Scaling

Post by PK »

I have an issue lately. After loading a DXF in SheetCam Dev.v.6.1.13 and 6.1.15 all is fine, but if I rescale the DXF in multiple CAD programs, SheetCam will ask to reload the drawing. I answer yes, I get the Drawing is loading window with no indicator advancement. All seems locked up with no debugging info posted to it's section. I have to force-quit SheetCam.

Answering no to reloading and then manually reload acts the same way. I have started with a new ini file, but no help. If I save the DXF in R14 or R27 and use the same name, it does not help. If I redraw to a new file at the scale desired, all works well.

Where can I look for a hint? This happens on a Windows 7 Pro 32bit and also under Wine with Ubuntu. Both up-scalling and down.

Thank you...
Paul
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Does this drawing have a lot of curves? In SheetCam go to Options->application options->drawing import and turn off 'Remove duplicate lines'. Now try loading your converted drawing. Does it now load? G-code cannot handle curves such as splines and beziers so SheetCam breaks them into lots of short line segments. If there are a lot of these curves and your detail reduction settings are set quite fine it can take a very long time for duplicate line detection to complete, making it look like SheetCam has locked up.
PK

Post by PK »

Thanks Les,

Thanks for the reply. The drawing does have alot of curves, but "Remove duplicate lines" was already unchecked. I did try selecting it, but in all cases, SheetCam appears froze.

It may have something to do with splines, though. I saved the drawing in R12 and then it will load in SheetCam.

Thanks again...

Paul