donek drag knife corner loops?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
BMKbsg

Post by BMKbsg »

Hello,

Simple question here. When cutting squares with the Donek drag knife tool, I add loops in Illustrator on the corners so they can be cut in a single continuous line, as in the image I have attached. My boss is under the impression that Sheetcam has the capability to detect square corners and insert these loops automatically...is this true?

-Brian
Attachments
donek square test.jpg
donek square test.jpg (121.42 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

SheetCam can create loops but only for plasma/laser/waterjet cutting at the moment. To be honest, I never considered using loops for knife though it does make a lot of sense. I'll have a look at adding loops to knife.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Ray Phelps

Post by Ray Phelps »

Les, different topic, couldn't log in to start new one . Sorry if I high jacked a post. Buying new PC with windows 8 will SC work with windows 8 ? Or any special recommendations ?
Thanks Ray
To: problems@forum.sheetcam.com
Subject: Re: donek drag knife corner loops?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:22:38 -0500

SheetCam can create loops but only for plasma/laser/waterjet cutting at the moment. To be honest, I never considered using loops for knife though it does make a lot of sense. I'll have a look at adding loops to knife.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

SheetCam should run fine on Win8.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The next development version will have an extra option for the corner loop size.
BMKbsg

Post by BMKbsg »

awesome! Thanks Les
donek

Post by donek »

Loops like this are discussed in the manual. The current plugin uses what I refer to as corner actions. If you watch the tutorial you'll see a detailed explanations of what is happening.
http://youtu.be/63u9idcyVhA
grasshoper

Post by grasshoper »

Yeah I see it is very detailed, the explanation is very clear thanks for sharing to us.