probe z or g31 g28,1 in mach3 not work run for here

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Juan

probe z or g31 g28,1 in mach3 not work run for here

Post by Juan »

I'm new to the forum, maybe someone can help. when I use the probe z or g31 g28,1 in mach3 not work run for here or feed hold, applications are very useful for plasma cutting
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

The Run From Here will never work with Mach3 as long as there is a G31 or G28 in the Gcode as it tries to RUN the codes but cannot complete them.

YOu can however put those codes into a Mcode. THEN mach3 can run the Run from Here routine as it will NOT try to run the Mcodes.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Juan

Post by Juan »

Thank you very much for your reply.
You do not understand how to generate Mcode.
Do you have any example please

best regards
Juan
Wolfes Metal Fab

Post by Wolfes Metal Fab »

Maybe i am not understanding correctly, but I use the G28.1 in my code and can use run from here (like on a restart from a mishap)

All i do, is find the point close to were i want to restart in the code, ref my z so it is 0, set next line button, run from here button, and then it runs through the code to that point. This modifies the z from were it should be, but then i just rezero the z, and then click cycle start. It will then move to were it needs to start, click cycle start again and it starts movement on the correct path. I then manually fire the torch with the torch button right before it needs to be, and then it is back to normal operation.

If i do this, before running another sheet or code, i re reference my z. The z height is the only thing that seems to make it take extra steps.

Brian