Editing posts

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
WyoGreen

Editing posts

Post by WyoGreen »

I've had this strange thing going on the last few months whenever I edit a post in SheetCam TNG. If I change a value in the post, i.e. switchOffset, save the post, then go to exit SheetCam, SheetCam crashes. It's not a big deal, I don't change things in the posts that often. The change does take effect the next time you open SheetCam. I'm running SheetCam TNG on Windows 7.
I just thought I'd mention it, just in case someone was bored and needed something to keep himself busy. :D

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Hi Steve,

I can't seem to replicate that fault here. SheetCam seems to close correctly after editing a post.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I'll do a little more in depth trouble-shooting when I get some spare time. I'll try it out on my back-up computer, and see if I can see what's going on.

Steve
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I did a little more testing, and can duplicate the problem every time now. I open SheetCam TNG, open Options, Choose Machine, Choose Post processor Tab, Edit Post button, then choose quit under the File menu. (If I click on the red X to quit the edit program, everything works OK.)
When I exit SheetCam TNG using either the red X or the File menu Exit, then I get the "We are very sorry but SheetCam TNG has encountered an internal error. It would be very helpful if you could send a debug report so we can try to find out what went wrong" After clicking OK in the message box, there will be a flash of another message box, then SheetCam ends.
I don't change anything in the Post, and I don't load any file into Sheetcam.
Tomorrow I'll try the same thing on my backup computer to see if it does the same thing.

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Thanks for that bit of detective work. I can now replicate the fault here. I'll make sure it is fixed for the next release.

I never use file->quit which is why I never saw the fault.