Refresh drawing

Request and discuss new features
Arto

Refresh drawing

Post by Arto »

Hey!
In my worfkflow there is often a need to make slight modification/error fixing to my drawings.
As i do now: New job (don't save - ok) new part (and choose the part with same filename).

Is not a big deal how it is done now, but would it be a lot of work to make a button "refresh drawing" that simply loads the same drawing again and applies the same toolpaths allready generated? would make my work much smoother.

Thank you,
Arto
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Use File->import drawing. That keeps all of your operations and just reloads the drawing. SheetCam can even automatically reload the drawing. Go to Options->plugin options->autoload. Turn on 'enable autoload' and set the delay before loading to 1s.

Now whren you modify the drawing and save it SheetCam will pop up and sk if you want to reload the drawing.
PK

Post by PK »

This is great! I kind of asked about this in post: http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?t=5491 because I have the same basic needs.

How long has autoload plugin been available? I must not be paying attention to the update notes (or didn't realise the significance of this until now).

Paul
Arto

Post by Arto »

Thank you!
I was kinda half sure there was a better way allready :)

After a year of semi active use of sheetcam, can still learn something new.
Great CAM for the price :)
Arto

Post by Arto »

Thank you!
I was kinda half sure there was a better way allready :)

After a year of semi active use of sheetcam, can still learn something new.
Great CAM for the price :)