Can't force a start point where I want it.

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Leeway

Can't force a start point where I want it.

Post by Leeway »

I have some slots that I am milling. These are right on the edge of a profile, but they are their own geometry on their own layer as well. These are not open lines, but closed paths. Inside offset. Like a pocket, but a milling op.

I want the start point on the outside of the profile, so the end mill doesn't have to plunge into the profile. The profile has already been cut at this point, so there is n material where the EM will plunge and then work it's way around and back creating the needed slots. Most work as they should, but sometimes cannot get it to start outside. Any thoughts?

I can post whatever is needed. Thanks.
Lee
Leeway

Never mind

Post by Leeway »

Must have been a regen issue.
Seems to work fine now.

I'll make note if it happens again, but with the first few tries after rebooting TNG, all is golden.
Lee
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What version of SheetCam are you using? V4.0.0, V4.0.1 and some of the development versions did have a problem with placing leadins. This should be fixed with the latest versions.
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

I can't seem to reproduce it either. This was, however, an older JOB file that I used with a new DXF. May have had some latency in it somehow.
I will keep trying this on some of my other older JOB files to see if it happens again, but now I know what to do. :)
Thanks, Les.
Lee
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

Les, I just sent a support file.
Thanks.
Lee
Lee